Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Cocktails Anyone...


I have spent the last 3 days in Tampa for my day job. I spent my evenings rushing back to the hotel after dinners to work on orders for PGG, in my pj's, in the hotel bed on my ipad with reality tv on. It probably sounds boring to most of you, but I have come to the realization that I am just one of those people that cannot sit still unless I am by the pool or on a beach, or trapped in a plane.

Which brings me to today. Both Tampa and D.C. were having storms, but they boarded our flight anyway, pulled back from the jetway and then gave us the news....get ready for bumps....the entire flight! Well let's just say bumps were an understatement. I am used to being on planes. Before Mini K was born I probably flew close to 400,000 miles each year. I have been on bumpy flights, I have been on flights where the cabin has lost pressure, but I have never been on a flight like today. Let's start with the fact that this wasn't what I would call a jet, more like apuddle jumper without propellers. Thankfully, we made it to D.C. I have never been so happy to be on the ground, but the flight left me with more nervous energy than I know what to do with. So jittery that Mr. G poured me a cocktail as soon as he saw me and offered to cook dinner for the kids.
Image courtesy of www.boulderganic.com

They are both in bed, Mr. G is at one of his hockey games and I am catching up on today's orders, making lists and finishing up egg free cereal cupcakes for Mini K's assistant teacher's birthday tomorrow.

I promise I will post the recipe!

I also am going to multi-task and answer emails on this blog (forgive me, but I don't know how long I can sit at this computer!). Several of you ladies have emailed about our holiday card specials so here are the details:

1. You can access our fabulous paper store by clicking on the link above.

2. Our current special is 20% off all photo cards AND 50% off your choice of return address printing on the envelopes or return address stickers.

3. Our cardstock is thick...I am picky...it's not a business card if it bends so we don't sell flimsy paper!

And finally...for everyone that orders holiday cards from us by December 1st, you will be entered to win one of our fabulous new personalized ring dishes! We will announce the winner on December 2nd and you will have the dish in time to give for the holidays, and we say wrap it and give it to yourself!

So I am going to return to my champagne cocktail and block out today's flight from my mind and not think about the 4 miles that my running shoes will make me do tomorrow at 6am.

No comments: