Monday, October 15, 2012

Wall Charges and Sugar

Yes I realize the title of this post is odd and not at all related, but I am keeping it real.  I am thankful our contractor and his team are moving at amazing speed, but I wasn't expecting to spend all last week selecting finishes!  I am pleased to report selections have been made, the painters are prepping and floors go in next week!

I wouldn't be me if I didn't have a major home project going on, in an election year, during the Grove's holiday season!  Let's just say my iPhone has been working overtime!  I ordered the iPhone 5, it arrived and is still sitting in the box on the shelf above my desk because I haven't had a moment to unpack it and I am really going to miss all of my current iPhone accessories!  My absolute favorite is my wall charger.  I HATE cords, and yes I do know that HATE is a strong word.  I also spend a lot of time sitting on the floor surrounded by cello and ribbon this time of year.  The good news is that there is an outlet right next to me and you can usually find my iPhone sitting in one of these chargers.  I LOVE them!  Mr. G thought I was nuts when I purchased one for $30, and within a week I had to purchase another one because he kept "borrowing" mine!  I would pay another $30 for one if it fit the iPhone 5, but not yet.  While it won't fit the 5 just yet, I am happy to tell you that you can get my exact same wall charger for $9 right HERE.  I confess to being a gadget nut, but considering I use this every single day I consider it a NEEDED gadget.

This past weekend was a blur of soccer, swimming, a Crossfit fundraiser for a great guy that I will blog about tomorrow, orders and Mini K's favorite Halloween past time:  BOO'ing people!

Each year we make monster bark, that healthy snack of white chocolate, candy corn, crushed Oreos, sprinkles and an occasional pretzel!  We also make another treat to go along with it.  Mini K wanted to make coal bars this year, but call them Dracula bites since Dracula is also black and more Halloweeny. (She made up that word, can you tell?)

What is a coal bar/Dracula Bite you may be wondering?  it would be another one of our health foods, aka  4 tablespoons of butter (we used light), a bag of mini marshmallows and an entire bag of Oreos (we used reduced fat).  You crush all of the Oreos.  We used the food processor, but I am sure a wooden mallet and some arm exercises would work too.  You then melt the marshmallows and butter and then add the Oreos, spread the mixture out and let it cool.  Think Rice Krispy treat, but you replace the cereal with Oreos.

I am attempting an actual blog plan this week and I feel like my brain is bursting with things to type, but no time to actually sit down.  I had to be at Mini K's school at 7:30am today and once again I realized Monday's are just not my day!

In case you need a little pick me up this week, make sure to keep an eye on our Facebook page for a special weekend sale!

No comments: