Thursday, June 23, 2011

Instant Caffiene Boost

It's calorie free
Takes away morning eyes
Makes it okay if you forget to put on makeup before you leave the house
Saves you time

It sounds to good to be true doesn't it? I thought so, but couldn't resist trying it and I have ZERO regrets!

It is Lashdip and I couldn't be happier. Our good friends Brian and Amy just opened up Nectar Skin Bar in D.C. and are the only spa in town offering Lashdip. Now before I tell you about Lashdip can I just say if you are in the D.C., Virginia or Maryland area, head on over to Nectar...the store is stunning, the treatment rooms peaceful and it is packed with the most amazing products. I picked up a tweezerman baby manicure set to keep in my car for when Baby C decides to get a case of the scratches. I could have shopped longer, but it was time for my appointment and it didn't disappoint.

The Lashdip site describes the service as:
"Dipping" your lashes just once allows you to maintain gorgeous, beautifully sculpted, semi-permanent painted lashes for up to six weeks!
  • Low Maintenance, High Style
  • Wake Up Beautiful
  • Cut Your Makeup Routine In Half
  • No Hassling With Mascara
  • Shower, Swim, Sweat
It took about an hour to apply the Lashdip and I needed to keep my eyes dry for 4 hours after the application (thankfully no rain!) and when I woke up this morning (LATE!) I couldn't believe how my eyelashes worked.

I promise to take a photo, but I am sold. I have dark lashes to start with, but mascara and I have a longstanding war that I am the constant loser in. Waterproof is never waterproof or sweatproof and my eyes look like they have a case of the clumps. Not anymore...I now have long lashes, no clumps and don't have to worry about them for over a month. I threw on some concealer and lip gloss and was out the door in 10 minutes.

Did I mention, you get $50 off your first "dip" at Nectar. Does it get any better than looking well rested AND saving money?

Seriously ladies, find a Lashdip spa in your area! Less makeup equals more sleep!

No comments: