Saturday, January 2, 2010

Welcome 2010 or Twenty-Ten...Which Is It?


I hope all of you had a fabulous holiday and 2010 is off to a great start. Groveland has been a bit hectic, but I have enjoyed every minute.

We survived the snow storm....I think our city's definition of snow removal is ...snow melts. Yes that is right 4 days for a plow to grace our street. If I didn't think it before, this is why we own not 1 but 2 4 wheel drive SUV's, and in case any of you are environmentalists, 1 of them is a hybrid.

Grove Gal E and her husband joined us for Christmas dinner and Mini K declared it the best Christmas E-V-E-R! It was followed 2 days later by Mr. Grove's birthday and 2 days after that Mini K turned 4. I must say, Lulu stole the show on Mini K's birthday by sending her flowers. Flowers I should say that Mini K has shown to the mailman, our neighbors and pretty much told anyone she came into contact with about. She has even tasked with me with keeping them alive until school starts on Monday so she can show her friends.

Our New Year's was actually so much fun. Our plans? NOTHING! We dined on bar-b-que and homemade mac 'n' cheese, watched some college football and went to bed early. What can I say sometimes low key is the best.

I want to thak all of you for a great 2009...PGG had the best year yet and we have so many fun things in store for 2010.

I should start by saying the Grove will be growing in April, but more on that later this week.

The week of Christmas is always a busy one with Mr. G and Mini K's birthday as well so I am now focusing on planning Mini K's 4 th birthday party. My new year is also starting out with 4 bins of Mini K's spring clothes that no longer fit that will soon be available on ebay. We are NOT telling Mr. Grove that most of them were only worn two or three times...okay?

And with that confession I am off to watch the ever educational (NOT) Hangover with Mr. G.

4 comments:

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Awe, I love low key stuff. Happy New Year!

Henley on the Horn said...

Happy New Year! Please let me know when those cute clothes are on ebay!! happy happy

Sandra said...

So glad Mini K had such a fab Christmas!! How cute she is about her flowers. I'm sure that little doll will get flowers many more times in the future!! Happy New Year! xoxo

AnneG said...

Happy New Year to all of you. Glad to see you are back online! Can't wait to hear how Mini K took the "news"! Best in 2010!