Sunday, May 24, 2009

Enough People

I have had it!  You won't hear me vent here too often, but sometimes I really lose faith in humanity, or for that matter what people teach their children.  In the past 24 hours I have received not 1 but 2 emails from bloggers saying they are either going private or stopped blogging all together due to rude and inappropriate comments or contact.  

One of the blogs I have read for a year and cannot say enough good things about the blogger...she has manners, class, is respectful and always positive...in other words, I am working hard as a parent because I want Mini K to grow up with those same values.

It's no secret that I started this blog to help me introduce PGG to the amazingly intertwined blog community.  Along the way, I have "met" some truly amazing people...people I have grown to email with, talk to on the phone or in some cases have met in person.

To put this in perspective, I no longer live in the South (although I miss it dearly every single day), but in Washington, D.C. ...and let's be honest D.C. is no longer a place where people play nice or fair.  My expectations for blogworld were a little higher...I was wrong.

If you don't like something you read, here is a suggestion...STOP reading the blog.  If you feel some super human power willing you to leave a comment sign your name.  Seeking someone out just to be hateful, in my opinion, is a true reflection on your character...or lack of character as the case may be.

I had such a fun post planned for tonight, but just didn't feel right ignoring the elephant in the room.

This always makes me wonder, who, in this day, has the time or energy to go from blog to blog or taking it well beyond a blog comment into emails and more to be mean?  I would like to believe these people are going through a troubling time, and will, in time, be mortified by their actions...but for now I am stunned that rock bottom wasn't low enough for some people.  Some people got a shovel and started digging.

And who wants to be covered in all of the dirt and mud slinging when this weekend kicked off white jean season paired with my favorite tunic.

Venting over...now I NEED a glass of wine!

7 comments:

Jo said...

I'm new to your blog and don't comment often but must speak up this evening. I couldn't agree with you more! Honestly, if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all and simply don't visit that blog again. I'm sure we have all read blogs {myself included} that we didn't agree with their views or choice of words and decided not to revisit. I don't understand the need to leave a nasty comment. I'm sure those very same people would never have the nerve to walk up to someone in public and voice their thoughts.

That's my 10cents worth of venting! :)

I promise to make my next comment a little brighter and cheerier.

~Jo

a. said...

There's a lot of crap going around but I have no idea what's going on as usual. Maybe I don't read enough blogs?

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Couldn't agree more. And to think that some cruel people are taking it further than anonymous comments is just horrible!!!

Sandra said...

AMEN. I have thought about this all day. I have gone back and forth - post about it; don't post about it. I probably will post when I figure out exactly how to say it. I keep equating this to the "mean girl" syndrome. And I saw from my years of teaching that that syndrome has no boundaries. But enough of my convo. Thanks for saying this. I love blogging and am so sad that we have been infiltrated by the "dark side".

DMLD said...

Couldn't agree more . . .

I always say to hubs - the world has lost ALL social graces. People just have no clue on how to act, speak, etc. anymore.

Just for the record - I think you are doing a hell of a job with your parenting.

Landlocked Mermaid said...

I agree !! I spent all weekend thinking about this, and was emailing with that blogger that you mention. I am sad for her and for all of us that someone would do this. I can't believe it. I wrote about this the other day. I just don't get it. If you don't want to be a part of this then don't read. why bother being rude, wasting your time being hurtful? It is awful., but we need to stay true, keep writing and supporting each other. glad you brought it up sister! xo

tintarosa said...

I am always shocked by what levels people can stoop too. The high road is the only way to go. I'm a longtime reader of blogs and had just discovered a favorite site only to have it go private. I wish the best to Bella, Bitsy, and most recently Hopsy. Don't let them get you down.