Wednesday, January 22, 2014

What's For Dinner Wednesday

This week has been insane between client deadlines, D.C.'s total panic over snow and 3-4" that have left schools closed for days, but I was determined to post tonight.  I tucked the littles in bed, snuck out to the gym, don't worry Mr. G was home with them and now I am on the sofa, watching Nashville, typing this post on my iPad so forgive the lack of photos!

So this week's new recipe was Baked Potato Soup
I confess I was shocked at how easy this recipe was!

6 russet potatoes
3/4 bag southern style frozen hash browns
1/2 an onion, diced
4 cups chicken broth
2 cups milk, I used skim
8oz shredded cheddar cheese, I used light
Old Bay Seasoning
Salt
Pepper
Light Sour Cream

Directions
Bake the potatoes in a 350 degree oven for about an hour until they are soft.  Then peel and dice.
Place onions, potatoes, chicken broth, 2 teaspoons Old Bay and salt and pepper to taste in crockpot and cook on high for 4 hours.
Add shredded cheese, 2 cups milk, hash browns 1/2 cup light sour cream and cook another 1-2 hours on low
Salt and pepper to taste
Garnish with chopped green onions, cheese and bacon


1 comment:

Christine @ Suburban Charm said...

This sounds fabulous! I am going to try it this week!
Stay warm!