Wednesday, January 8, 2014

What's For Dinner Wednesday

Tonight was week 1 of one of my goals for 2014: try a new recipe.  A friend's husband posted a photo of some well cooked chicken on Facebook, I confess that is my fear with these weekly posts but comfort zones are so 2013!

So today I threw everything in the crockpot! turned it on to low and walked away for 7 hours and guess what?  Everyone loved it!  I confess I'm too nervous for tomorrow's dental surgery to eat anything but water but pleasing my 2 kiddos and the husband with one meal is kind of like winning the lottery.

I just realized I forgot to take a photo of the finished meal, so please forgive me.



Chicken & Dressing Casserole
Take 3-4 skinless boneless chicken breast and place in bottom of crockpot.
Cover with 1 cup of chicken broth.
Mix 1 can of Cream of Chicken and 1 can of Cream of Celery soups with 1/4 cup of milk in a separate bowl. NOTE: I just healthy request soups and skim milk.
Pour mixture over chicken
Cover with 2 1/2 cups of dressing mix.  I used Pepperidge Farm
Pour 1/2 stick of melted butter over dressing.
Cover and cook for 7 hours on low and serve.

This was a simple,easy weeknight dinner.

No comments: