Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year

It has been a month exactly since my last post.  Our house construction is over, Christmas came and went, Mini K is now officially 7 and a new year has begun.  I am so thankful for all of you!  The Grove had another record year and I am hopeful for 2013!  I have new products in store and some custom designs I have been wanting to release.

I started this blog as an outlet for my business, but since the first post my life has changed so much.  Baby C wasn't around for the first post, my day job was at a firm and now it is another company that I own and Mini K was still relatively a baby.  This blog has evolved and in my month off I have realized that I needed a break from it to see if I missed it, and I have!!!  I will still post new products and discounts at the Grove, as well as my love affair with Ebates (especially in February when I can purchase my annual Ebates bag as I call it!), but I always wanted to keep this blog real which means sometimes you will get the ugly truth too.

I do not subscribe to the notion that you need to be married or have kids to be busy, to feel like your schedule is out of control and you have no idea why.  For those of you that know me, you know that I don't really do New Year's Resolutions, but I go set New Year's goals.  I find them to be much nicer sounding than a resolution.  A resolution feels like you are doing something wrong and I believe that most of us are doing the best we can to survive and thrive in this craziness called life.

So...here are my 2013 New Year's Goals
1.   365 Stamps:  I am going to put something personal in the mail EACH and EVERY day.  Sure I could send an email, but I know how much it means to me to receive a hand written card in the mail.  So if you live close or far away, I will hopefully be in your mailbox sometime this year!

2.  WATER:  I will drink more water, plain, not iced tea, not Market Pantry flavored, just water.

3.  Me Time:  It is so hard to get caught up in life that we as women forget to take time for ourselves.  This year I will read books, needlepoint, go for a longer run, whatever, I just won't forget me in the process because if I don't take time for me I cannot be who I want to be for others.

4.  Finish one project at a time.  I have a habit of starting 6 projects and attempting to work on all of them at the same time.  I am going to try something new this year and do one at a time.

5.  Leave My Comfort Zone:  This scares me more than you will ever know, but the only way truly amazing things can happen is if I leave my comfort zone.  I won't say I will be brave enough to do it daily, but at least once a week, I will leave my comfort zone behind and do something that scares me!

I am so happy to be back to blogging and will be back on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest so follow along!

I hope you all had a very happy holiday season and 2013 brings you more blessings than 2012!

1 comment:

Suburban prep said...

What you might want to do in regards to drinking water is to flavor it with lemon or with cucumber. it helps to get the # of glasses down and the lemon in water also help in the prevention of kidney stones. I drink water (especially with lemon). I try to get about 70-80 ounces each day in.