Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Tuesday Tasks




My stairs have been my pick me up today.  They bring me joy.  They are a reminder that a project is complete and I am blessed to have a husband who I am quite sure is not a fan of them, but knew the animal print runner would make me happy and didn't object.  He is calm and steady and on days like today a good reminder that sometimes I take on too much.


Today was one of those days, it wasn't a bad day, but as I sit here at 9:19p.m. I feel like I should have gotten more done.  I started the day with a LONG list and a sharpie and I wanted to see only Sharpie lines by the end of the day.  Am I the only one that gets a jolt from crossing things off my list?

37 orders were wrapped and shipped, Mr. G's 10th anniversary gift arrived and is now wrapped, more new products than I can count have been photographed, 6 conference calls were completed, more emails than I want to remember were sent, but then it was 6:15p.m., the kids were home and NO I didn't have a menu for dinner planned so we went to the club, came home, read a little and off they went to bed.

So the list has been moved to tomorrow and I am resolved to wake up and get it all done WIT.  WIT in our house is what we say when we are behind, focused or being silly, it means:  WHATEVER IT TAKES.

I have to say as a working mom I really on it as a mantra along with:  Hope is not a strategy.  Let's be honest, life can be crazy being single, being married, having kids, and if I have learned nothing else it's that I refuse to participate in the debate between working moms and stay at home moms as I think ALL women work hard.  Some of my single friends make me feel completely unproductive so I do not think any one group has a lock on working hard.

Today was just one of those muddy days where I probably put too much on my shoulders.  So please excuse my venting.  I am now sitting in front of a steaming mug of caramel tea and I am starting last night's episode of Biggest Loser to escape my to do list and end the night on something that will not stress me out!


No comments: