Monday, August 23, 2010

Manic Monday


Some days you just have to stop and laugh...and remember that you are not the boss of your life...or in today's case...my to do list, schedule and let's not even discuss the 6 loads of clean clothes that are folded and staring me down from their current in Scout totes. I always wonder...am I the only one who hates to put clean clothes away? The sorting, pre-stain treating, washing, folding doesn't bother me but I would rather not say how long I have let clean clothes sit before I put them away.I have also spent way too much time over the last three days tracking down UPS packages...as a rule of thumb I think people expect the information displayed after you enter your tracking number to be well ...CORRECT.

I am not sure how everyone else deals with their stress when life gets a little out of control...I bake and you better believe it contains sugar...and butter. I overheard Mini K tell Miss J today that Mommy needed a Paula Deen timeout...and yes ladies I gave myelf a Paula Deen timeout. The clothes are still sitting there, the packages didn't show up but I do feel a little better...it could also be that RHONJ comes on shortly so that always makes me feel better.

Today's Paula Deen Timeout wasn't actually one of her recipes (at least I don't think so)...I finally got around to making Cracker Toffee. It's the simplest thing ever and based on the fact that between what we sent home with Miss J, what Mr. G ate and took to hockey to it gone!

I am not one for hoarding so hear is the recipe...go ahead and laugh, then make it...and the only thing laughing will be the scale if you don't walk it off.

Ingredients
40 saltine crackers
1 stick butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 bag of chocolate chips (you don't need the entire bag, but an entire bag always disappears in this house once opened)

Directions
Preheat oven to 400
Line cookie sheet with foil
Place crackers on the cookie sheet without stacking them
Melt butter and sugar in a pan over low heat, bring to a boil and let boil for 3 minutes
Even spread the butter/sugar mixture over the crackers
Place chocolate chips in the center of each cracker
Place cookie sheet in the oven until the chips have melted and immediately remove (this doesn't take long)
Optional you can then top with chopped nuts, toffee bits or any other thing you wish
Lift foil and crackers out of hot cookie sheet and break or cut when warm


You won't even taste the crackers. Promise

3 comments:

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

That recipe looks so good!

Henley on the Horn said...

I love this stuff too! YUM!

Imjustagirl said...

I am not a fan of putting the clothes away either!! and I think I may have to try the cracker toffee it looks delicous! Thanks for sharing.