Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I've Been Tagged!

My good friend KP tagged me...awhile ago and the Catholic guilt of not doing my post has caught up to me! So here goes...

Favorite Color
GREEN ...celadon. lime, moss, hunter, I love them all.

Favorite Brands
For me: Goyard, Lilly P., Leslie Evers, Tory Burch, Gucci, Vince
For The Minis: mini Boden, Pink Chicken, Lilly Pulitzer(although they need to make more for little boys), Saltwater Sandals, Kate and Libby, Orient Expressed, Bella Bliss, too many etsy designers to name

Favorite Restaurants
I have to do these by city...
ANYWHERE: hands down Capital Grille
Austin: Maudies, which is also the best restaurant between a Goodwill and a liquor store you will ever find
Boston: It might not be the best, but I have so many college memories of catching up with friends at T. Anthony's Pizza
Dallas: Mi Cocina, the cafe at Neimans Northpark, Central Market cafe, Zoe's and I could go on and on
Washington, D.C.: I will confess some of these are in Alexandria: The Tombs, 1789, Evening Star, Thomas Sweet (it's ice crema, but sometimes that is my meal), Georgetown Cupcake...I don't eat cake, but I will never forget the look on Mini K's face when she ordered her very own cupcake after her first day of school

Hobbies
Reading..books and my gossip magazines, a trip to the spa, needlepoint, but my absolute favorite if gift giving. I realize this sounds strange, but I love the whole process, making it personal, discovering the gift, wrapping it. I love watching people unwrap something they have always wanted..it never gets old.

Favorite Thing About Myself
My favorite thing about myself is actually something I am thankful for...that I was able to have 2 healthy children.

What Does Your Room Look Like Right Now
It is a work in progress:
I have 3 paint samples on the wall that I am trying to decide on.
A stack of Mini K and Baby C's clean folded clothes that I haven't put away.
A drawer full of Christmas presents that I am already hiding from Mini K.
Our new monogrammed bedding that I refuse to put on the bed until we decide on the paint color and get it on the wall.
A blessing from Pope John Paul II that we received on our wedding day.
Reading this I realize...I officially sound OLD.

If You Could Have Dinner With 2 People Alive or Dead Who Would They Be?
I would need to make this a reservation for 3. I would love for Mini K and Baby C to meet my Grandfather who passed away before they were born. I aspire to be like him everyday. I will never forget his funeral...I expected maybe 100 people...the Cathedral was PACKED, standing room only, and as we stood in a receiving line that went on for hours total strangers told us stories of how my grandfather has helped them with things big and little....and while my grandmother knew of a few of these deeds, most of them were news to us.

What Will Your Next Big Splurge Be
I have my eye on a new Goyard or Bottega bag, but in reality I know I will still be trying to decide on which one in a year so probably back to school clothes for Mini K.

Anything Else You Would Like To Share That We Don't Know
Mr. Grove says I live to make lists and binders and he is probably right. I like to have ALL of my Christmas shopping done by the end of September...NOT KIDDING

I also have a binder of magazine clippings or photos I have printed off the internet that I am saving for when Mini K gets married. I just started one for Baby C's rehearsal dinner too.

I also write Mini K and now Baby C a letter on each of their birthdays that I place in an envelope and store them in a safe deposit box. Someday, I hope many many decades from now, they can open them when I am gone and read for themselves how blessed they each make me feel and how much I love them.

Now if anyone is still awake after reading this I tag:






3 comments:

preppy little dress AKA "PLD" said...

What fun, I also tend to have my Christmas shopping done by October. Although there is always one last gift I forgot! Pays to shop through out the year! ;O)

Henley on the Horn said...

What a sweet list. i keep journals for each of our children to let them know how loved and cherished they are. I , too, love Mi Cocina. It is my favorite restaurant in the whole world. Capital Grille in Tampa is delicious, and I went to the Tombs years and years and years ago when I dated a boy from EHS!

tintarosa said...

I love Maudie's as well. Anytime we are in Austin, we must stop - even if it's just for chips and salsa. My kids love their breakfast tacos.