Saturday, October 3, 2009

Happy Fall Y'all!


We have a neighborhood festival every year at the beginning of October. To me that is the start of fall. Well the day is here and I have caught the fall spirit. We had a new flagstone patio installed this week and I cannot wait to go sit in my chair, with a cup of coffee and watch Mini K play in the leaves.

I also added some fall decor to our farm dining room table thanks to a blogger friend. I am always amazed at how many truly talented women I have met through blogging....and all of you know that I like to support women owned businesses. Some of us have these businesses to pay the bills and some us do them because we have a passion (in my case Mr. Grove would say paper obession!) for them.

So if you haven't met the talented Miss Jennifer click on over to her blog Southern Living: Preppy Style. She made me the most amazing double ball fall topiaries for my table. I also ordered another pair in what else but pink and green to put out from Valentine's Day through Easter! I was stunned when they arrived yesterday. Have you ever seen anything so festive and preppy? Mini K's is calling them her ribbon trees and wants to go buy a bow tree so she can always have new hair bows.



Here are another one of Miss Jennifer's fall designs.
You can place an order by emailing her at: slpreppy @ gmail.com. Single tall topiaries in the pot(5" ball and 5" pot) are $35, the single low topiaries (6" ball and 6" pot) are $45 and the double ball ones like mine are $75. Prices are for each individual topiary. The best part is you can pack them up and use them year after year. And let's just say you don't have much luck keeping actual plants alive (that would be me!)...no watering needed!

I am off to make homemade roasted tomato soup and grilled pimento cheese sandwiches.

Happy Fall Y'all.

3 comments:

Monogram Momma said...

These are FABULOUS!

Southern Living: Preppy Style said...

Thank you for the shout out! I'm so glad you love them! :-)

xoxo

What Kate Wore said...

She is so talented, they really look great!

Sending you a smile,
tp