Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ten Years Later


I have started this post so many times today and yet haven't finished. Mini K is now old enough to ask Mr G about his friends that didn't make it out of the towers and this year seeing their boys made me realize just how much time has gone by....it still feels like yesterday. I can remember exactly what I was doing, what I was wearing and that I kept the tv on 24/7 for weeks after the attack.

Words like I'm sorry and we will remember seem trivial to me on 9-11, is there anyone who will forget?

For me the anniversary of the next 5 days are one of the many things that make me proud to be an American. We were all witness to a country that came together, that grieved, that celebrated and paid their respects to the ones that died going about their daily life, or running in when most were running out.

For me this day, makes me think of a bullhorn, and a speech and a country that still is a shining beacon of freedom.

God Bless America!


1 comment:

BroncoMom said...

Fantastic post! It gave me chills!