Thursday, October 21, 2010

Something Extra

I LOVE to give books as gifts, under one condition: I ALWAYS inscribe the book. I love going back through books that have been given to me and seeing the date, occaision and who gave them to me. The next time you give a book, I suggest you remember to write a little something on the inside.

I hate wrapping books in wrapping paper. So last year I started giving a personalized bookmark with each book, wrapped them both in a cell bag and tied it with what else but grosgrain ribbon!


These bookmarks will be in the Grove shortly, but until then just email us and we can customize one to your needs: school or favorite colors, icons, with or without monogram. The only problem you will have is too many options! At $10 they are a great way to personalize a gift for little cost.

Some of my favorite books to give:

For Babies and Children:



For a Hostess Gift


For Friends

For Clients

For The Men In Your Life


Just a few gift ideas for you in case you are in a book state of mind!

3 comments:

Nelle Somerville said...

You were raised right! I know you also put a penny in a walet or if you give someone a knife as a gift. The Jr. League cookbooks are my FAVORITE gift to recieve and give.

mFw said...

Love those book marks!!!!

Preppy Girl Meets World said...

What a cute idea! I was invited to a bridal shower recently, where in lieu of cards, the mother to be asked each guest to bring a children's book inscribed with a message for her daughter so that she could read them to her daughter and have her daughter go through the inscriptions several years down the road.