Friday, November 1, 2013

Friday FIVE

Is it me or was today rough?  The littles had so much fun trick or treating last night that morning came much too soon!  We survived a day full of client meetings, spelling tests, a playground tumble (Baby C) and more conference calls than I can count!  This week, these 5 things have gotten me to today.

1.  RED CUPS
I am not talking about Solo cups, I am talking caffiene!  There is something about walking into Starbucks and seeing the red cups for the first time each year that make me smile.  Today was that day!


2.  LUGGAGE
I know TSA and the airlines destroy, but there is something about getting allof my stuff into a small suitcase that makes me feel like an Olympian.  Bric's is my brand of choice.  It is super light and durable.  I was thrilled to see it on sale on One Kings Lane today and several people on our list will never lose their carry on suitcase again.  Texas orange anyone??  My guess is it will sell out but you can check out the sale HERE.


3.  FINISHED PROJECTS
Technically this project is still missing carpet, but I am deciding on it this weekend.  I have a sweater chest that I have had since I was a child that my now 12 year old Scottie chewed as a puppy.  I finally found someone to repair it and paint it to match the guest the room.  It was delivered last week and of course I need PILLOWS and CUSHIONS.  My friend Elizabeth is an amazing seamstress and I love to support her business and she is the only one who can take my sketches and lists and turn them into exactly what I had pictured in my brain.  I love that this little corner of the room is now a cozy place to read a book.


4.  BOOKS
We all know I love a fun coffee table book, but from the time I was a young girl I have LOVED Pat Conroy novels.  The Great Santini is still one of my favorites and I downloaded the sequel as soon as it came out.  It is taking all of my willpower to save it for my cross country flight to a conference later this month.  You can order it HERE.


5.  PRETTY LITTLE EXTRAS
I love to tie a little something to the ribbon on the package.  As soon as I saw Julep's holiday collection I knew my nieces would LOVE the ornament lip gloss.  The best part is that Julep is now on Ebates and you can get 4% cash back.  Want to know something else:  the ENTIRE site is 50% off with code GOCRAZY through Sunday.  Their mascara, lip gloss and cuticle oil are some of the best products I have used and their nail polish stays on my nails better than a gel manicure.



No comments: