Friday, March 22, 2013

Friday FIVE

Can you believe it??  I am actually posting twice in 1 week!  I promise I will keep at it.  This week has been a roller coaster, but the weekend has finally arrived and I am hoping it brings some much needed peace and sleep!

My 5 are all over the place which pretty much sums up my week!

1.  Easter Baskets, or should I say Backpacks
Each year Mini K's school "adopts" kids for Easter.  We always try to choose a child that is the same age as Mini K.  This year we actually found a 7 year old girl and Mini K and I had the BEST time shopping, packing and wrapping the backpack.  We filled it with candy, a stuffed lamb, school supplies and fun little toys.  We hope she enjoys it half as much as we enjoyed putting it together!

2.  Candy Grams
I have loved these since I was in high school and I think I have successfully passed that love onto Mini K.  Today her class celebrated her teacher's birthday and we had to make a candy gram!  If you haven't made one, you need to change that this year!

3.  Crossing Things Off My List
I have been waiting 3 weeks to hang our drapery rod in the living room.  For 3 weeks, I have seen the item on my list and been itching to cross it off, but my schedule has been insane and I haven't been able to be home to tell our contractor where to hang the rod and Mr. G has been out of town so he couldn't hang it for me.  Well today, the stars aligned and not only is the rod up, but so are my draperies!  That item on my list now has a kelly green Sharpie line right through it!

4.  Summer.
Or the thought of summer.  Okay, let's be honest, I would settle for spring at this point.  The high tomorrow is supposed to be in the low 30's.  I am praying global warming arrives or people stop claiming that just because Virginia is below the Mason Dixon line it is the south as the weather feels more like Boston.

5.  A Gel Like Manicure
I love that a gel manicure lasts 3 weeks.  I do NOT like that I have to soak it off and my nails feel weak afterwards.  About a year ago I joined the Julep Maven club and have loved every SINGLE box.  I tried Birch Box and wasn't impressed...everything was sample sized, it was all over the map and it just wasn't me.  Maven is great, you can select your profile, change it monthly if you want and you receive FULL SIZED polishes and beauty products...at least 3 in every box.  The boxes cost $19.99 a month, but you can get your first box for FREE when you join HERE and enter in code: FREEBOX One of their newest products is the Polymer Top Coat.  You simply apply your favorite polish and then this topcoat and wait 5 minutes.  It dries your nails completely to a gel manicure shine and strength.  I am HOOKED.


Please leave a comment and let me know if you do the Friday FIVE as I want to pop over and check it out!

Happy Friday!

No comments: