Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Good GIfting: House & Baby

I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day. Mini K and I picked up dinner from Daddy's favorite restaurant so we could eat early at home before he had to catch his flight.

And I took advantage of a quiet night to go through that stack on my desk that has been staring me down! It seems the holidays were the time for people to get engaged, move or make some changes with their childcare.

I am now caught up on my mail and email (919 emails answered last night and inbox cleaned up!) and need to do a little shopping.

My old intern just purchased her very first condo and is so excited about having an address of her own that I had to get her some address stickers! You can find these, 30% off no less, HERE.

I have a couple of friends whose children are going through some changes: one is starting at daycare and another one is starting at a new school. I would say the both moms and the minnies are nervous and excited. I made up a double batch of my favorite chocolate chip cookie dough recipe and packaged it in the contessa tubs from Garnish and delivered one batch with bag tags for my friend whose child is heading to daycare and stickers for my friend's daughter to have for all of her new school activities.

All bag tags and stickers are 30% off at the Grove through the end of the month.

I ordered these adorable bag tags for friend's son Sam, but instead of an address I put his mommy's name, email address and cell number on one side and his name on the other. That way he can tote all of his gear to daycare in style!
Our other friend's little girl is starting at a new school due to a move and I wanted to send her a little something that would be just for her. I picked out these stickers and think they will be perfect for gift giving or just labeling her stuff!
You can find all of the SALE ITEMS HERE.

As a child I remember my mom would always send a little something to friends when they moved away and would drop something off if they moved but were still in town. It is yet another example of who doesn't like a little unexpected cercie?

One gift that I think is great for marrieds, singles, men or women for a housewarming gift are new towels. The Grove only has white towels and yes, they are monogrammed. I think you cannot go wrong with a white towel with a white monogram. For some reason, I get asked all the time why I would have white towels with two kids. My answer is simple: BLEACH.
We have had 3 friends move recently so that means it's towel ordering time! My go to is always 2 hand towels and 2 bath towels for couples and 2 hand towels and a bath towel for singles and yes I monogramed them. I think Horchow has a great selection of towels and the monogramming is usually free so I headed to ebates to click through so I could double dip: CASH back from ebates and Incircle Points from Neiman Marcus. Well, I got my own surprise this morning when I discovered that almost everything is 30% off today on Horchow with code: LOVEHC. I got 6 bath towels and 6 hand towels all monogrammed, including shipping for the price of 2 hand towels and 2 bath towels, plus 3% cash back! If you are in the market for towels or sheets I would take advantage of the Horchow sale as today is the last day. If you have been coveting any of the Lilly Pulitzer furniture, well it is 25% off today as well! If you haven't joined ebates, join before you make your purchase so you can save even more. You can join HERE.

No comments: