Monday, August 26, 2013

Back To School

Today was not the first time Mini K has gone to school.  In fact her first day was 5 years ago, but for the past few weeks I have been staring at these 2 feet wondering how they got so big and screaming to myself SLOW DOWN TIME.  


Being a parent is the hardest job I have ever done because I want my children to succeed but I catch myself in moments of sadness knowing I cannot get these days back.  I wonder if I am giving them all they need, telling them enough, but then a day like today happens and I realize, yet again, they are gift from God and he is with them always.  They are lit from within and able to see the joy and hope in each new day and my job is really to make sure that light not only stays lit but gets stronger.  So I gave her a hug and kiss, said a prayer I am still allowed to do that without embarrassing her in front of her friends, took way too many photos and let her go.

She emerged bubbling with excitement, ready to fill her me bag to share with her class tomorrow only to tell me when I asked how the day was with a response of GREAT, FINE what are we having for dinner.

I am laughing at my smug mommy self of last year when we would tell me in detail about her day.  So I promptly came to the computer and started uploading and ordering photos once they were asleep tonight.  If you are having one of those same moments, at least let me share something with you:

1.  Snapfish will give you 10% cash back on your order when you shop through your Ebates account (so you can drown your "how did my children get so big" sorrows in free Starbucks or wine).  You can JOIN HERE.

2.  You can save 36% off your total Snapfish order with code:  PET36

It's official, she is growing up and I am old!

No comments: