Monday, February 1, 2010

Progress with a Touch of Pink



I participated in Hopsy's Pink Swap again this year and I must confess when I opened my package I had a bit of a flashback. My amazing partner Miriam (she doesn't have a blog, but I think she should start one) is originally from the same town that my best friends from college grew up in...Alexa this one is going to scare you. There is a needlepoint store in that town that I LOVE. Right after college I purchased a key fob kit and the print was Lilly like. I adored that fob. It seems that Mini K adored it as well...she loved to twist the leather and one day, my fabulous fob became 2 pieces. The practical Mr. Grove said the important part, my keys, were saved, but I was crushed to lose my Lilly fob. I tried to replace it with a Lilly P needlepoint fob last year, but it just wasn't the same. Now why do you ask am I telling you this story...because my swap partner sent me the EXACT SAME FOB with my new MARRIED MONOGRAM. Seriously the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. Tell me it is not the cutest.
She also sent me a fabulous Lilly P ponytail holder, pink hairpins (both of which Mini K
claimed for herself immediately!) some yummy candy, and she even sent Mini K some stickers. Such a fabulous package and one that meant more to me than she will ever know!
As you know I have given myself the deadline of the end of February to list and sell all of Mini K's now too small preppy clothes on ebay. So I spent more time going down memory lane yesterday...I photographed, I wrote descriptions and I even ironed. Again Mr. Grove had to point out that I will iron for ebay, but I take our stuff to the cleaners to be pressed. And tonight I listed another batch that you can check out HERE.

I also want to say BEST WISHES to the amazingly positive and talented NINA who got engaged on Friday. She will be the most stunning bride and her fiance is a lucky man! I love that blogland and twitter have allowed me to "meet" some of the most fabulous women and I am sticking to my resolution to promote the good this year!

I am off to pack up this week's round of ebay sales so I can ship tomorrow.

6 comments:

Headbands and Hand Bags said...

Darling package! And great new key fob!

Anonymous said...

Hi! You left a comment on my blog asking where I got my daughters ears pierced. I got it done at Clairs boutique at our local mall. Only after talking with the manager of the store and finding out she has worked there for 15 years and has pierced a lot of babies! That made me feel comfortable enought to have her pierce my childs ears. Thanks for reading!

mFw said...

I'm glad you liked everything especially the keychain!

Landlocked Mermaid said...

wow!! that is fun! and another reason why we are so lucky to all be blogging friends.. xo

Henley on the Horn said...

How adorable!! A swap seems like so much fun. I am just afraid I would disappoint my recipient:). THANK YOU for my cute planner!!!

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

That key fab is adorable...what was store where she found it?