Now I need to vent a little. I live BELOW the Mason-Dixon line. Why is this important you ask? Because when one lives BELOW the Mason-Dixon line, there are certain things that one should expect...without fail...
1. I say y'all and fixin...it doesn't mean I am not smart, it means I from the South...do I make fun of you for saying POP and WICKED? No I don't.
2. Diet Coke should be served in a styrofoam cup...yes I mean YOU, rude man from the drive thru at McDonalds, I know you have rules that ONLY the sweet tea can be served in a styrofoam cup. I didn't ask you to break the rules. I ordered a large sweet tea with ice, hold the sweet tea and a large diet coke. I will pay you a $1 for the styrofoam. ( Nina, feel free to steal this idea)
3. EVERYTHING is coke, there are certain kinds of coke, such as dr. pepper, pepsi, sprite, but coke describes them all.
4. Pellet Ice...if you want a customer for LIFE serve pellet ice and I will be there.
5. I have waited 2 weeks for the ABC store (yes the horror we can only purchase alcohol in a state owned store) for my Firefly Sweet Vodka and Firefly Peach iced Tea Vodka to come in. Yet today I was told, no one drinks that stuff so we won't be carrying it. Can someone please tell me when the South gave up drinking? If we did football season just won't be the same. Now tell a Southern Gal she can't have her cocktail and she will find a way. That way is a very nice online store in New Jersey. And while it is illegal to ship to Virginia, remember the state SHALL make ALL PROFITS on liquor, it can be shipped to D.C. And the best part, the vodka is on sale and the price difference pays for the shipping. If you are in my neighborhood on Friday night, come join me for a Mommy Arnold Palmer. If you haven't tried Firefly...place your order.
6. Tomorrow is my selfish trifecta..a haircut, a pedicure and our housekeeper comes. I will be on cloud nine tomorrow night lovelies...I may even do a giveaway.
7. I am starting to think Grove Gal E is a figment of my imagination...I can hear her voice, but I think her day job office is holding her hostage...NOT JOKING
8. And because we all know I just have to have a project, my Christmas Shopping List for EVERYONE on my list is now complete and entered into Excel so I can start checking off the box.
9. And how could I forget, my friend K and I are taking a road trip next Thursday-Friday. I am not going to think about what Mini K's hair will look like when she arrives at school, because I have already warned her teacher and she will fix it for me.
Now since I can't make a cocktail, I am off to make one stiff Crystal Light Fruit Punch. I know, glamorous right?