Friday, March 7, 2014

Friday FIVE

Oh Friday!  I have been waiting on you since Monday and am so happy you finally showed up to the party.  This week's favorites are mostly from my J'Adore Vox Box and a Dove product they asked me to try a few weeks ago.  All five items have one thing in common...they are helping me survive this winter that just won't seem to go AWAY!

1.  John Frieda 3 Day Straight
I have UBER curly hair and if that wasn't enough it is super super thick.  If I dry it with a hair dryer it takes almost an hour and if I let it air dry it takes more than a day to completely dry.  I have been getting the Keratin treatments since they came out and before that I did the japanese relaxer treatments.  So when this bottle of 3 day straight arrived in my J'Adore Vox Box I thought...how good can it be?  Well let me remove my foot from my mouth, because this ROCKS!  Seriously, I sprayed my hair with about 14 sprays and blow dried it.  It took less than 30 minutes to dry and stayed super straight and FRIZZ free for the next 5 days, not 3 but 5 and that includes my daily crossfit workout and being pulled into a ponytail during showers.  What was even better was the fact that it didn't know any band lines...those tell tale signs that you have had your hair up that make you want to dry it all over again...well that might be a tad too far.  I have already purchased my second bottle and am convinced this is every working mom's dream!

2.  Boots Face Mask
This hot cold weather has been brutal on my skin.  I tried my Boots Botanics Clay mask last night, because I have had to cancel my facial 3 times due to meetings, kids schedules and snow days.  I have NEVER used a Boots product before and if they are all like this I am sold.  This mask left my skin brighter, tighter and yet it felt completely hydrated.  So happy Influenster's Vox Box program introduced me to this product as I probably wouldn't have purchased it on my own.

3.  HERSHEY'S!
I am pretty sure that every man who works for our contractor knows we keep a bowl of candy by the front door!  Since construction starts again on Monday, I am extra thankful for these pink, silver and red Hershey's kisses.  I especially like that their Valentine's Day colors match my room!  In our house silver, sparkles and chocolate are ALWAYS in style.

4. Dove Deodorant
I have to keep it real.  Influenster sent me this about a month ago and I was like, it's deodorant, does it really matter the brand?  Then I realized I had been using Secret forever.  So I tried it.  It actually feels like lotion, which of course made me panic that it wouldn't work and if you have been in these old D.C. buildings when the heat is on you know they make our August weather seem cool.  Well guess what friends....it is AMAZING!  Seriously works, feels like lotion and comes in so many scents there is most certainly one you will like!  TRY IT!.

5.  Julep Hand Creme
Have you caught on to my winter theme yet???  My current favorite if the Julep hand creme with power cell complex.  It was in my Maven box and each month I love trying out new things that I would never purchase on my own.  The best part is that Maven members get FREE shipping and 20% off on all of their other purchases!  You can get your first Maven box for FREE.  Just sign up HERE.  Their nail polish wear like shellac and come off super easy, but from their lip balms to their eye primer/concealer, everything is great quality!

It feels good to be back and looking forward to blogging rather than feeling like I failed when the day got away from me.  I plan on spending the weekend with the littles, but Mini K wants to help out in the "shop" so make sure to follow us on Instagram for new product sneak peeks!

No comments: