Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Shows, Sales and So Much To Do

I apologize, but clearly I have been MIA in blog land.  Between trunk shows, the holiday season, the house construction and my foot once I am finished working on orders at night, okay really more like 3-4am all I want to do is sleep....even if it is only for a couple of hours.

Tonight I pushed myself away from the computer and spent an hour on the elliptical and am now drinking the strongest green tea I could find as I tackle my list.  I went into this business with a few rules that I insisted I would follow:
1.  I would only sell things that I would purchase myself, at all price levels.

2.  I have a 24 hour rule...if you call or email me, you will hear back from me within 24 hours.  It may be at 4am, it may be from my iPad, but I do respond.

3.  If this ever stopped being fun, then I would close up shop.

Well, almost 9 years later I am still having fun, even if I don't get a lot of sleep and am so THANKFUL to now call so many customers and suppliers friends.  I won't get all mushy on you, but I will say that I am honored that you allow my company to help you celebrate so many special events and trust me with your memories.  This year I have decided to shake it up a little bit.  We have 3 Black Friday-Cyber Monday sales this year.  If you don't follow us on Facebook, give us a like so you don't miss out and remember that you know have to click on the dial on our page and click "add to your interests" so our posts show up in your feed.

So on to the sales:

1.  ALL holiday cards will be 20% off from November 22nd-24th with code: BLKFR20

2.  We will be posting special sale prices, all of which will include shipping, on our Facebook page Friday and the prices will last through Sunday night.  You can grab a deal, and place your order when it works for you, coffee, diet dr. pepper or wine in hand!

3.  Cyber Monday Special.  I am going to leave it at that...you will have to check our Facebook page on Sunday night to find out exactly what it is!

In case I am not alone in finding the attraction to being trampled at a store the day after a holiday I thought I would share a couple of other deals I have seen.

The first is one I have shared often, but it is even sweeter this weekend because most stores have doubled their cash back.  That deal friends is EBATES.  If you aren't a member, you can join HERE.

All you need to do is log in to your Ebates account, type in the store you want to shop, click through and the cash is deposited into your account after you make your purchase.  Trust me:  it adds up!

Lately, most of my Ebates purchases have been for the house:  faucets, sinks, ceiling fans, light fixtures, shoes, Vince sweaters...just the basics of construction.  Yes, I firmly believe that shoes can make construction easier.

Here are some of the deals for Black Friday weekend:

Snapfish:  20% cash back & FREE overnight shipping with code QUICKSHIP50 or 30% off all frames and canvas prints with code 30HOME.  Spend $100, get $20 back!

Gilt City:  THe Washington, D.C. site has a great deal from The Crispery right now and you can get 4% cash back on your purchase.  Hopsy and I have both raved about their gourmet rice krispy treats!

C. Wonder is now on Ebates and is giving you 7% cash back.  Right now they are also offering 30% off sale items and FREE shipping.

J.Crew:  6% cash back plus 25% off all sweaters.

Lands End:  6% cash back and they are having one of their 30% off sales.  I love the idea of getting a boat tote with a family's last name on it, filling it with their presents and delivering it.  It's like a preppy version of Santa's bag!

I promise to post discounts as I find them and feel free to leave a comment and share one if you have it! I promise I will post again tomorrow--I am braving both the grocery store and tennis court post cast with Mini K---I am not sure which is more stressful!

No comments: