Monday, January 10, 2011

Sweet Start


Last week is still a blur. I spent 3 days on travel for my day job and my laptop and TSA got into a fight and TSA won...if you call dropping an innocent laptop winning! It is now at the Mac hospital and I can pick it up tomorrow. Despite many attempts, I just can't seem to get the feel of blogging from my iphone, yet another reason I need the 2nd generation iPad to hurry up and arrive!

I always try and keep it real on this blog. Grove Gal E and I juggle a lot. Is it insane sometimes? Yes! Would I trade it? Not a chance!

One thing that I won't skimp on is Mini K's lunch. Everyday she has a homemade treat. Some weeks its brownies, some it's cookies. This week I found a new recipe for an old favorite and it has resulted in a war around the cookie jar. Casa Grove is big on chewy cookies. If you are on team chewy, you will love these!

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, MELTED
1 cup packed brown sugar (I used light brown sugar)
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat over to 325 degrees. Either grease cookie sheets or use parchment paper. NO silpad baking mats.

2. Sift flour, baking soda and salt together and set aside.

3. In a medium bowl,, cream melted butter and both sugars until well blended. Beat in vanilla, egg and egg yolk until creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients and stir in chocolate chips by hand.

4. Drop cookie dough 1.4 cup at a time on the cookie sheet. Keep cookies 3" apart.

4. Bake for 15-17 minutes until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes then transer to wire rack.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

M said...

Yum! I'm team chewy as well.

For a grown-up treat, I like to substitute bourbon for the vanilla when making chocolate chip cookies or brownies -- such a delicious and unexpected twist!