Tuesday, May 11, 2010

No More Crackers!


Tonight I decided to take on yet another organization project: my recipes. It seems te 3 shelves of cookbooks aren't enough as I have stacks (and stacks) of other recipes. A few months ago I ordered a set of matching (shocking I know!) binders and dividers with the hopes that I would have the entire house organized before Baby C's arrival. Well that didn't happen but as I type this, I am looking at neatly organized binders of recipes so I made my goal on his 3 week birthday!
I also came across one of my favorite recipes to make in the fall....and seeing as how the weather here seems to think it is fall and not March, I thought I would share it with you. Why have spinach dip with crackers when you can have it with this:

Dilly Cheese Ring with Spinach Dip

Image courtesy of www.tasteofhome.com
Ingredients
1 1/2 cups sour cream ( I use light sour cream)
1 package (10oz) chopped frozen spinach, squeezed dry and thawed
1 can drained and chopped water chesnuts (I sometimes leave these out)
3/4 cup of chopped green onions
1/2 cup mayo (again I use light Hellman's)
1 package of Knorr vegetable soup mix
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup butter (melted)
1 teaspoon dill weed
2 tubes of refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

Directions
Combine the first 6 ingredients in a bowl to make the dip. Refrigerate, covered, until serving time.
In a small bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, butter, garlic and dill. Cut each biscuit in half. Place biscuits in an ungreased 10" fluted tube pan. Sprinkly half of the cheese over the biscuits and repeat with the remaining biscuits and cheese.
Bake at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes and take biscuits out of pan. Serve with spinach dip once biscuits are slightly warm.

The dilly bread is also great with a hearty tomato soup on a cold day.

I am hoping that the weather will warm up to where it belongs now that I have posted a fall recipe!

1 comment:

preppy little dress AKA "PLD" said...

That looks amazing! Thanks for the recipe, I have to try this one!!